By Meryl J., ALT PA
Want to be an RPA? We will be choosing new RPAs for all of the regions in Gifu this year.
Apply here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/KTHMKMS
- To apply you must be re-contracting for 2018-2019
If you know someone you think would be a good RPA, please recommend them here:
- Any current Gifu JET can recommend someone (or multiple people) from any region.
Applications and recommendations are open from now until Friday February 2nd.
What do RPAs do?
- Plan various professional development activities such as workshops for the Skills Development Conferences and Work/Life Orientation.
- Liaise with the PAs and the RPA team to identify and resolve issues pertaining to JET life
- Provide direct support and advice to ALTs relating to both professional and everyday life.
- Attend RPA meetings once a month in Gifu City (Transportation is paid. Since this is during work hours, becoming an RPA is subject to approval by your BoE).
If you have any questions, anyone on the current RPA team or any of the PAs would be happy to answer.
Like many JETs, the Gifu PAs and RPAs have various holiday plans that may make reaching us harder.
- We will be unable to check our work (office) e-mails. However, we will still have access to email@example.com and access to LINE, although there may be delays in responses during the following times:
Meryl: December 15th - January 8th
Peter: December 23rd - January 8th
In the event of a serious emergency where the PA is difficult to reach, the JPA in their respective office (the Board of Education & International Affairs Division respectively) should be notified directly as well:
Gifu Prefecture Board of Education: 058-271-3450
International Affairs Division: 058-272-8175
- RPAs who will be out of Japan and will have delayed responses during the following times:
Harly: December 21st - January 7th
Kris: December 21st - January 7th
Victoria: December 22th - January 5th
Sam: December 22th - January 10th
- RPAs who will be out of Gifu but within Japan and able to respond easily during the following times:
Sarah: December 27th - January 8th
Tom: December 27th - January 8th
Phinashia: December 23th - December 28th
Victoria: January 5th - January 8th
If you are looking for a quick response but your RPAs are away, feel free to contact anyone of the RPAs who is available at that time.
Are you traveling abroad during the holidays (including back to your home country)? You are covered in the event of an accident or sudden illness by the JET Accident Insurance Policy.
If you do end up needing to make use of the accident insurance while abroad, make sure to keep all relevant paperwork and file your insurance claim within 30 days of the accident.
For more information, read about the JET Accident Insurance Policy: http://jetprogramme.org/en/jpai-outline/
If you have any questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Safe travels!
Learn how to make a Japanese paper doll as a holiday present or a nice foreigner for yourself.
Date: Saturday, December 16th
Time: 13:30-16:30 (Including time for a tea break)
Where: Chisako’s house, Seki City (Chisako will contact you via FB with the address or e-mail gifuPAS@gmail.com if you do not use Facebook)
Flat doll: ￥2000
3D doll: ￥2700
This class is limited to four people, so RSVP ASAP.
By Meryl J., ALT PA
The After JET Conference
When: Saturday, February 24 - Sunday, February 25
Where: PACIFICO, Yokohama
What: A conference hosted by CLAIR to help JETs get ready for their next steps with seminars ranging from Job Hunting to Dealing with Reverse Culture Shock. On the first day a Career Fair will be held, with 70 companies in attendance.
Who: This conference is only for JETs who have not re-contracted.
Note: This is an optional conference, therefore all travel and accommodation must be planned and paid for by the JET participant.
More information can be found at http://jetprogramme.org/en/after-con/
JET Career Fairs
Greater Tokyo Area Career Fair
When: Saturday, February 24
Where: PACIFICO, Yokohama .
What: A job hunting seminar and a career fair with 70 companies who are interested in hiring JET alum. Up to 400 JETs may participate. This is held as part of the After JET Conference.
Osaka Career Fair
When: Saturday, February 3
Where: Umeda Sky Building
What: A job hunting seminar and career fair with 35 companies who are interested in hiring JET alum. Up to 150 JETs may participate.
More information can be found at:
The Gifu Blog
Brought to you by your PAs and RPAs to keep you up to date about what is going on for JETs in Gifu Prefecture